Amanda Smith - Senior Mining Tenement Manager
Amanda joined the TAS team in September 2011. Before working at TAS, Amanda was employed with the Department of Mines and Petroleum, WA where she dealt with enquiries relating to Mining Act legislation, application and dealings lodgements and provided assistance and training in the use of the Department public database systems, particularly Tengraph and Mineral Titles Online, to both internal staff and the general public.
On several occasions Amanda also acted as the Senior Customer Service Officer which meant that she was responsible for dealing with the more complex queries and assisted the Mining Registrar with streamlining processes and procedures within the section.
While with the Department, Amanda also worked as a Tenure Officer where she gained experience in titles registration procedures, including ensuring that applications met mining act compliance, the grant or refusal of mining tenements, the processing and registration of dealings under the Mining Act and the production of business documents, including recommendation minutes to the Hon. Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Since joining TAS, Amanda has carried out a range of client services including:
- Plotting, preparing and lodging applications for new mining tenements.
- Completing all compliance and statutory requirements relating to new applications.
- Arranging transfers and other tenement dealings.
- Preparing and lodging Form 5 Annual Expenditure Reports.
- Producing monthly Form 5 requirement reports and following up with reminders on due dates for Form 5’s exemption applications and statutory declarations.
- Liaising with:
- the Department of Mines and Petroleum to effectively deal with a variety of issues,
- Landgate for title and land searches;
- The West Australian mining notices section to arrange advertising of mining tenements in accordance with the Mining Act 1978; and
- private land holders and pastoral lessees on behalf of clients with new or granted mining tenements.
- Providing advice to clients on correct processes and procedures for lodgements with the Department.
Amanda’s background with the Department and her experience with TAS enables her to provide sound and valuable advice to clients, to approach tasks with confidence and aptitude and to ensure that all work completed is of a high standard and carried out in the most efficient and effective manner.